Capturing Memories Through the Arts
(A Non-Profit Showcase of Community Artists)
(In remembrance of R.J. MacPhee)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE March 15, 2019
Location: Chancellors Way Medical Arts Centre 1st and 2nd Floor Lobbies
When: March 24th through the 30th. (1st and second Floor)
Setup: Saturday, March 23rd, 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, March 24th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Monday, March 25th, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- March 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 9:00am-6:00pm, browsing only.
- Saturday, March 30th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Artists are invited to participate in sharing/selling their works of art, be it paintings, photography, sculptures to enrich the lives of those in our community.
- Please do not exceed more than 3 pieces.
- Paintings: not to exceed 30″ x 30″, miniatures are welcome
- Sculptures: not to exceed 50″ tall and 24″ wide
- Names must be clearly printed with title (if you have one) and priced. Artists are to deal personally with purchaser and stay with their art work during the opening days.
- For paintings, we ask that you bring an easel, since we may not have enough space on the walls to accommodate everyone.
- For sculptures, if you can bring a small portable table, that would work.
- To facilitate discussion, we ask that all presenters answer the following 2 questions below and provide those answers in an audio file captured by phone, tablet, computer, etc and sent to [email protected] We will compile all the answers and play them throughout the viewing times over our closed circuit audio system.
- Why did you choose your particular form of art?
- What would you hope people experience from your art?
- Make sure you have your name and contact information on the easels/tables.
- Artwork must be brought to the building on Saturday March 23rd between 2:30pm – 3:30pm in order to get the display ready for the next day. On Saturday, March 30th all art work has to be removed by 5:00pm.
- There is no fee for displaying of your art or entrance fee for visitors, but there will be a donation box for collection of whatever people wish do donate and 100% of funds collected will go toward a Memorial Award already set up for funding University of Guelph students in the Creative Writing Program.
Chancellor’s Way Medical Arts Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen art work.
For more information visit our website at: cwmac.ca or email: [email protected]
We are now allowing University of Guelph students to park on the East side of the parking lot during the daytime. Parking rates remain at $1/hour, but our daily maximum charge has reduced from $12 per day to $5 per day.
Physical Medicine Update
Dr. El-Sherbini (Physiatrist) is now accepting family physician referrals for his Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation practice at CareWell Health Group. He specializes in the treatment of chronic pain, sports injuries and complex neuromuscular injuries. Physicians can fax referrals to: 519-341-9254.
Procedures Clinic Update
The Rapid Access Family Practice Procedures Clinic is accepting referrals. A referral from a family physician is required. Check out the procedures clinic page for details. Fax 519-766-1709.